Pickles


One tends to loose various objects, equipment or tools when living on a boat. When you drop something, you don’t just pick it up, mostly it goes over board to the sea bottom…., unless if it floats. Among these were, the braai thongs (our first night on the boat), then various spanners, Namibian flag (Anita), my Ray Bans (myself), even our 2hp engine slipped of the rail, then a few months ago when cleaning my antique vacuum cleaner, the bag slipped out of my hands, gone… ,ever since I have been searching for a 12Volt vacuum cleaner. When looking for a shortwave radio in Natal, Jaco found me a Black en Decker 12 Volt vacuum cleaner, the last one on the rack for a good price! Not always so bad to loose old stuff overboard when it’s replaced by a 100% improvement.

We tried our first batch of pickling of veggies while waiting for the weather to turn in our favor. The biggest problem now is to keep Jaco away for 2 months before opening the pickles.

Popular Posts