Namibian Visit

Christmas dinner (notice my bare-"sailors"-feet.....not used to shoes)


Namibian oysters, SA sparkling wine and prawn starters

All our friends find it funny when I mention going home for holidays. They are under the impression that we are currently on a permanent holiday. (It is actually our chosen lifestyle for the moment… getting thru on U$1000/month, all inclusive… no luxuries) Therefore I call the next couple of weeks our “Namibian Visit”.

On 24 December mid day, after 52 hours on  airports, planes and taxis we arrived at Windhoek airport. Anita and Clarissa drove from Swakopmund (360km) to surprise us at the airport. (Thank you, you are amazing friends!)
 My parents, Jaco & I took a short nap on arrival and at 4pm we drove the same 360km to Swakopmund to celebrate Christmas with my eldest sister, Nardia & Schalk. We were spoiled with great SA wines, Swakop oysters, prawns, “sappige boerewors” (Afrikaner sausage) and Eland steak. (Best game steak) The next few days in Swakop, we caught up with friends and good Namibian-German cuisine.

Popular Posts