Isla Blanquila

 The sail to Blanquila was one of the most interesting trips we have had:  We saw some bird action and when I steered Songerie into this the reel was screaming and the bungy-hand line went like a violin string. We hooked two 5kg Trevally Jacks. Christelle pulled in the hand line while I reeled in mine. Within the next hour the reel was going like a banshee again and this time it took a bit longer to bring in the 10kg barracuda. While I was playing the fish a whale blew next to the boat (I think I felt the spray drops) and dived to get away. We think it was caught lazing on the surface and we almost hit it (all our attention being on the fish at the back). Soon after this we saw a pod (10-15) killer whales coming past, breaching often.We dropped anchor at playa Yaque at Blanquila, in front of a beautiful beach with a couple of palm trees. (N11˚ 50.258 W64˚ 83.738 anchor in sand.)


Killer whales


Baracuda



botteled fish

.

Popular Posts